Table of Contents
Something which is as basic and simple as water is at a scarcity not only in Grays, Essex but all over the world. Though the amount of water never changed, everything else around it changed, the population increased which meant more need for water, the industrial boom happened which again required water. Even though 71% of the earth is covered in water, only 0.5 % of it is available as freshwater currently as of 2020. That’s just a minuscule amount for a population of 7.9 billion people. We have to conserve the remaining water that we have left before we reach a point of no return.
The water on our planet has been there since probably the Big Bang. Most of the drinking water in Grays comes from rainwater which is collected in two reservoirs, one which is the Abberton Reservoir and the other being the Hanningfield Reservoir. Drinking water is also obtained from the River Stour and the Roman River and water is also obtained from deep underground wells with the help of borewells and water parks.
Safe Water Clearance Tips to remove waste from Grays
All hope is not lost when we come across our rivers and water bodies being polluted. However, some extremely polluted water bodies reach a point at which they can’t be recycled or reused again. But that does not mean we should give up on the ones that can. Here are some ways that waste can be removed and water can be made safe again:
- Basic pollutants like plastic and other visible waste are cleared from such water bodies with the help of cleaning tools. Communities can gather people for clean-ups of these polluted bodies of water.
- Basic at-home remedies which people can adopt at home are boiling, filtration, distillation, chlorination, etc.
- Ozone wastewater treatment plants can be used to remove waste from water. In this method, ultraviolet radiation is used to convert oxygen to ozone. This can be achieved by creating an electric field too. The ozone created kills the bacteria present in the water and also hardens certain substances which can be easily filtered out.
- On an individual level, septic tanks are very useful. Septic tanks help treat the sewage that is created at the place where the tanks are located. The sewage created at the property flows into the septic tanks and then the solids and liquids are separated like the heavier waste settle at the bottom of the tank while the lighter fluids float on the water. This water after being deemed fit for use can be used for cleaning and garden clearance and sanitation purposes.
- Air stripping is another way in which waste can be cleared from water, making it usable again. This process removes pollutants that can be evaporated easily. The evaporated chemicals are collected and treated separately so as to not cause any harm again.
These are just a few of the ways by which waste clearance makes water safe and ready to use again. This can all start at an individual level with something as basic as installing a septic tank, reusing usable water for plants and other purposes, avoiding throwing hazardous waste along with wastewater that can be treated professional rubbish clearance company, etc. A few steps by us go a long way.